Senior Devops Engineer
Why is our “Devops Engineer” the next step for you?
Group Technology and Engineering (GTE) is at the heart of everything we do. We are going through unprecedented transformation fuelled by extraordinary growth in the online world and unparalleled investment in our product, people and platforms. We work in a collaborative and supportive way, in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
How will you add value on a day-to-day basis?
The Senior DevOps Engineer is to work in the DevOps Core Engineering & Tools function and involve in all stages of DevOps Engineering Life Cycle (concept, define, design, build, test, release, maintain and retire) with the opportunity to drill down into specific technical areas and move to other functional areas.The role suits a person with good DevOps engineering and tools implementation experience that can work independently and make recommendations and decisions as a member of the team. Previous experience in DevOps, Application Development and Middleware implementation and support from a financial service organisation is an advantage
What will make you the ideal candidate?
The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for the delivery and support of these key capabilities and tools. Ensure the company obtains the most benefit from its investments in the DevOps products and delivery. Responsible for the DevOps Engineering lifecycle from requirements, solution design, product selection to implementation. Responsible for ensuring the features and functionalities of the product meet the requirements, design specifications and engineering practices. Support the product roadmap development and management. Solution design, development, testing and release management. Assist other teams in the design and implementation when required. Responsible for providing estimates within an agile project management framework. Proactively define new or update the solution and detailed design to increase value. Be an advocate of the DevOps Engineering function and solutions. Support the Red Hat OpenShift Container as a Service project/ service.
Solid IT experience of 5+ years with Devops experience of minimum 3+ years.
Solid DevOps process design and service management experience of 3+ years.
Must have many of the following hands-on experience:
- Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/ CD)
- Amazon Web Service (AWS)
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Runbook Automation and Scripting
- Linux and Windows Administration
- Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Unit, Performance and Integration Testing
- Application Performance Monitoring and Root Cause Analysis
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Application, Systems and Network Troubleshooting
- User and Process Documentation
Must have many of the following hands-on systems and tools installation, configuration and customization experience:
- DevOps Tooling – Jira/ Confluence, Git/ Gerrit, GitHub, GitLab, Nexus Pro, Ansible Tower, AppDynamics, New Relic, ServiceNow, RPM, Yaml, VMware, OpenShift, Docker, Sysdig, etc
- Operating System – Oracle Linux 5/6/7 RedHat Enterprise Linux 6/7, CentOS Linux, Windows Server 2012+
- Database – Oracle Database 11/12, MongoDB and MS SQL Server 12/14
- Middleware – Tomcat or JBoss
- Hardware – HP servers, Cisco routers/ switches, Intel/ AMD processors, etc
- Protocols – DHCP, DNS, FTP, HTTP/HTTPS, ICMP, IMAP, IPSec, OpenVPN, POP3, RADIUS, RDP, SCP, SFTP, SMTP, SNMP, RESTful, SOAP, SSH, SSL, TCP/IP, Telnet, UDP, WPA2 EAP, etc
Languages – Bash, Java Script, Python, PowerShell, SQL, etc
How is Worldpay changing the world?
We are leaders in modern money. Each and every time you use your debit card or credit card to pay for something, whether online or face-to-face, there’s a good chance it happened because of us. On an annual basis our innovations, systems and technology enable billions of money transactions globally. Working with customers large and small, we help them to take your payments quickly, safely and reliably, allowing them to grow their businesses and making your life more convenient in the process. As a leader in global Fin-Tech and the largest London IPO since 2011, this is a great time to join us in building for the next phase of the Worldpay journey
Indore / India
Tech and Engineering
May 18, 2018