Why is our “Solution Architect- Java“ the next step for you?
Group Technology and Engineering (GTE) is at the heart of everything we do. We are going through unprecedented transformation fuelled by extraordinary growth in the online world and unparalleled investment in our product, people and platforms. We work in a collaborative and supportive way, in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
How will you add value on a day-to-day basis?
They will co-lead the technical and architectural aspects of the the product in its development, maintenance, communication and implementations.In championing the (whole) system view and the solution context, they will influence the strategic architecture and a wide spectrum of project/operational stakeholders.
SA will be responsible for technology design decisions which have major and far-reaching impact on the implementation of technology in the company, on projects and the IT delivery. This will include hands-on development/delivery of frameworks and key software components
What will make you the ideal candidate?
Co-define technical and architectural vision for the system and the product evolution. Model the application and data changes in the payment flow architecture and designs of the system. Co-define and validate the high-level functional (HFRs) and Non-functional Requirements (NFRs). Define High Level Designs. These will include - Analyses of technical trade-offs, Determination of the primary components and subsystems, (and identifying the interfaces and collaborations between them). Inputs from more specialised areas like security, data, infrastructure. (Core technologies involves C and Java interacting with Oracle based resources).
- Provide Solution Design leadership with the various agile teams on the solution train.
- Lead proof-of-concept initiatives, validate technology assumptions, evaluate alternatives.
- Co-operate the technology governance framework (TDA: Technical Decision Authority) in order to assess all projects and initiatives are ‘fit’ against the group technology strategy, architecture and policies, working to resolve non-conformance with the solution train.
- Technical credibility built up through hands-on experience of delivering IT solutions. Experience across Data/Applications/Technology architecture domains. Experience of hands-on architecture i.e. Service based architecture (REST/SOA), concurrency, database, distributed, high throughput architectures, highly available architectures, Java/JEE architectures, performance tuning and optimisation. Knowledge and experience of roles across all phases of the development lifecycle, including project management, requirements, design and development & test. Some experience in DevOps (Config Mgmt, monitoring, CI, scripting) desirable
- Evidenced track record of the development and maintenance of IT architecture and IT strategy, with applied understanding, at an enterprise level of application, infrastructure, data or security architecture.
Good coding practices (unit testing, documentation) and good software engineering practices
Java, development tools (Maven, Git) and knowledge of third-party libraries
Web Services and web development (REST frameworks, Spring Suite)
Contract-based design approach, designing APIs; provide engineering-focused solutions
Continuous integration (Jenkins, Nexus)
Agile practices, rapid development and prototyping
Experience with large scale, high volume systems
How is Worldpay changing the world?
We are leaders in modern money. Each and every time you use your debit card or credit card to pay for something, whether online or face-to-face, theres a good chance it happened because of us. On an annual basis our innovations, systems and technology enable billions of money transactions globally. Worldpay has merged with Vantiv Inc. to create a new global leader in payments. The new Worldpay will have the scale, the reach and the resources to take our success story to another level. This move allows us to expand further into high growth markets, deliver innovation at scale and above all, brings together exceptional talent and a shared passion that will help propel us forward to the next chapter of our collective story.
Our technology enables billions of payments to be made each year whether online or in person. Working with customers large and small we help them to take payments quickly, safely and reliably, allowing them to grow their businesses and making your life more convenient in the process.
Indore / India
Tech and Engineering
June 25, 2018